Optimally, we would all be consuming high quality homemade chicken soup or bone broth a few times a day to be able to get a good dose of gelatin and amino acids into our diets. These help to heal a damaged gut lining, offer anti-inflammatory properties, are a great source of bioavailable nutrients in an easy to digest form which helps to improve mineral deficiencies and nutrient absorption. But let’s be honest, in this day and age a lot of us don’t have the time to slave away in the kitchen cooking up chicken soup, slow cooked meals, bone broth and stocks daily.
That's where gelatin comes in! Gelatin is a wonderfully nourishing supplement for gut health, but it also has loads of other health benefits.
Health Benefits of Gelatin
- Supports skin, nail, hair and teeth health
- Reduces joint inflammation and pain
- Improves cellulite and reduces stretch marks
- Rich in dietary collagen so helps to tighten and tone the skin
- Rich in amino acids
- Improves mood
- Improves sleep
- Supports thyroid and adrenal health
- Digestive aid
- Aids in reducing stress
- Aids hormonal issues by supporting progesterone and removing excess estrogen (a good thing because many women are oestrogen dominant)
- It supports glutathione production (an antioxidant important for detox)
- Helps to soothe the digestive tract and heal leaky gut
- Increase absorption of other minerals
- Plus more!!!
One of the easiest and most convenient ways to use gelatin is to make your own gummies or jelly. I recommend making these yourself because most store bought chewable vitamin gummies or fruit jelly for kids have a lot of harmful dubious ingredients such as; flavours, fillers, refined sugar and oils, colours and additives. These are not things that should be put into our bodies.
I've come up with a super simple and healthy Berry 'gut lovin' Gummies recipe for you. It's one your kids will love and keep coming back for more. But don't worry it won't take you long at all to make a second batch, in fact less than 10 minutes its that quick! There are so many different flavour combinations, shapes and sizes you can try, just have fun and play around with your favourite flavour combinations.