Golden Cauliflower Fritters with The Lot
I absolutely LOVE veggie fritters! They are so easy to whip up, incredibly versatile, super tasty and such an easy way to sneak more veggies into your diet. I usually make these in big batches so I can have them throughout the week, they are perfect for breaky, lunch or dinner and also make a yummy, super easy snack.
Makes 12 Fritters
- 1 medium sized cauliflower
- 3-4 large eggs
- ½ - 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ - 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup of fresh chives, parsley or coriander, chopped
- Coconut oil or ghee for frying
- Avocado or Cultured Guacamole
- Poached eggs
- Bacon (preservative and chemical free)
- Cashew cheese
- Fresh herbs
- Cultured veggies
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets. Add them to a saucepan and steam until tender (not mushy).
2. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the cauliflower to cool down.
3. Add the cauliflower to a large strainer and remove as much excess liquid as possible, you can begin to mash the cauliflower with a fork to help remove excess water.
4. Now add all the fritter ingredients to a bowl (starting with 3 eggs) and mix together until combined. The mixture should be wet, but not swimming in liquid.
5. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Once the pan has been heated, add coconut oil or ghee to the pan and allow it to melt so it coats the pan.
6. Do a test batch; use your hands to mold the mixture into a fritter shape and place on the pan to cook, use a spatula to flatten and shape the fritter into a nice circle. Cook on each side until golden. If the mixture stays together nicely then continue cooking the fritters with the same method. However, if they’re falling apart add the remaining egg to the batter and mix through. Try cooking another fritter to see if it stays together.
7. Continue cooking the fritters in batches, adding coconut oil or ghee to the pan as needed until you have finished all of the mixture.
8. When all of the fritters are cooked you can begin plating. Simply top with your chosen toppings and serve when ready.
9. Enjoy and savour every mouthful.