Golden Gut Lovin' Chu Chu's
If you've been following me for a while you may have already seen my Lime & Matcha Chu Chu's recipe as well as my Lemon Chu Chu's and know that i'm kind of obsessed with them because they contain so much gut loving goodness in them! I love the chewy texture and they're also surprisingly refreshing because of the added citrus. In this newest version, I've added in both turmeric and ginger because of their anti-inflammatory properties + the turmeric makes these Chu Chu's the colour of sunshine. I personally love adding in ginger because it helps to boost the immune system, relieve nausea, supports digestion, relieves headaches, is anti-fungal and it can help break down the accumulation of toxins in your organs and cleanse the lymphatic system. Pretty amazing right?!?!
This is perfect snack because its full of healthy fats and beautiful citrus notes, AND it only takes 3 minutes for me to make them. The hard part is waiting for it to freeze so you can slice it and devour it!
- 1 1/2 cups collagen
- 1 heaped cup of cashews (preferably activated but you can just use raw too)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 10 brazil nuts
- 1 - 1.5 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Sweetener to taste (I used erythritol)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 6-8 drops of lemon or lime essential oil
- A small knob of ginger (just omit it if you're not a fan)
- Optional Add Ins; 2 tsp lemongrass powder, lemongrass, mandarin, ginger essential oil to taste
1. Add the collagen, cashews, coconut, brazil nuts, turmeric powder and sweetener (only if its a powder) and blitz together in a food processor or thermomix until it resembles a fine powder.
2. Now add the remaining ingredients, starting with 1/2 cup of your lemon or lime juice and blitz again.
3. Taste the mixture and add more sweetener or lemon or lime juice to taste if desired. I personally like mine super punchy, so I'll generally add in the rest of the lemon or lime juice.
4. When it's ready and nice and sticky, pour/ scoop the mixture into a lined container or loaf tin.
5. Place the slice into the freezer until set.
6. Slice into squares or triangles and enjoy.
7. Store this in the freezer as it melts super quickly!