Pineapple Turmeric & Ginger juice
These 'Pineapple Turmeric & Ginger Juice' is a quick an easy way to combat inflammation, boost your immune system, get your daily dose of probiotics & enzymes which will leave you feeling fabulous.
Turmeric has been playing a big role in my life of late because it’s such a potent medicinal spice. It’s even argued to be the most powerful herb on the planet at fighting and potentially reversing disease. In fact, a number of studies have even reported that consuming turmeric is more beneficial than pharmaceutical medications. With so many beautiful and health promoting ingredients, I say it’s a Win Win!
Pineapple is the main source of bromelain, a combination of digestive enzymes and proteins that fight inflammation in the body. Bromelain is also associated with the prevention of infection and injury, helps speed the healing of wounds, sinus issues, sore throats, digestive disorders, arthritis and asthma.
Like Turmeric, Ginger also has many incredible health benefits. Ginger helps to boost the immune system, relieve nausea, supports digestions, relieves headaches, is anti-fungal and it can help break down the accumulation of toxins in your organs and cleanse the lymphatic system.
So when you combine these ingredients and then ferment them using Coconut Water Kefir, imagine what the result is... an anti-inflammatory, enzyme and probiotic rich, immune boosting superfood shot.
- 1 knob of ginger root
- 1 knob of turmeric root (or 1 heaped tsp turmeric powder)
- 2-3 lemons
- 1/4 - 1/2 pineapple
- 1 cup Coconut Water Kefir
1. Remove the skin from the lemon, ginger, turmeric and pineapple and roughly chop everything, place into a bowl.
2. Prepare your juicer.
3. Juice the ingredients.
4. Pour the juice and coconut water kefir into a clean glass jar. If you're using turmeric powder stir it through the juice mix. Close the lid and allow this to ferment for 1-2 days.
5. When it's ready, put it straight in the fridge, or pour the juice through a fine mesh sieve to remove any pulp that may have gotten through when juicing.
6. Pour over ice and enjoy.