NOURISHING COCONUT PANCAKES
I love this pancake recipe, it’s so simple and easy to whip up and I usually always have these ingredients on hand in my kitchen. I often make these into small pikelets and take them to work as a snack or on picnic dates.
GF, DF, GrF, NF, P
Serves 2-3 people
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour, sifted
- 4 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup organic coconut milk or cream
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 - 1 Tbsp honey (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee + extra for cooking
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Whisk the eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut milk or cream together. Or simply add these ingredients to a food processor and whizz until well combined.
2. Add all other ingredients (either whisking or whizzing in the food processor) and combine, try not to overwork the pancake mix as it will leave the pancakes a little ‘flat’.
3. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Add some butter or coconut oil to the pan and allow it to melt. Use a measuring cup to scoop and pour the mixture onto the pan and allow them cook on both sides until golden. The smaller you make these, the faster they cook and the easier they are to handle and flip.
4. Continue cooking the pancakes in small batches until all the mix has been used up.
5. When finished, serve the pancakes straight away.
6. We garnished with fresh berries, homemade lemon cashew cream (or you could use coconut cream or coconut yoghurt) and optional, serve with a splash of pure maple syrup or drizzle with raw honey on top.