The Easiest Cauliflower Pizza Crust
In the past few years cauliflower pizza has gained a huge popularity among people who are watching their carb intake. I held off making cauliflower pizza's for a long time because when I've tried them in the past, the cooking method was miles long and had way too many steps involved. I like simple, easy recipes. This is why I created my own recipe. Although grating the cauliflower can get a little messy (oops, no way around that) its seriously the easiest cauliflower pizza recipe out there. It’s not mushy and you can really hold the slice. And it is delicious! I won’t lie, it doesn’t taste like regular wheat based pizza bases (duh!) but it's super tasty and you can top it with any of your favourite toppings.
Here's my take on the cauliflower pizza that truly curbs that greasy Friday night pizza craving and it doesn't even have a hint of cauliflower taste!
Pizza Crust Ingredients
- 2 cups grated cauliflower (has to be grated, don't use cauliflower rice)
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 Tbsp psyllium husk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Tomato paste
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Meat of choice; quality sliced salami or ham, shredded chicken, prawns etc.
- Avocado slices
- I used organic goats cheese, grated
- Chopped, chilli, garlic or herbs
- Sautéed veggies such as spinach, onion, broccoli, mushrooms or roasted pumpkin
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a pizza tray with baking paper.
2. Add all the pizza base ingredients to a bowl and combine.
3. Set this aside for a few minutes to allow the coconut flour and psyllium husk to absorb the liquid.
4. Now scoop all of the pizza dough mix out and onto the baking paper. It will be a little wetter than a normal dough, but oil your hands up with a little coconut oil and mould the dough into a round pizza base evenly.
5. Now place it in the oven and bake until its golden brown.
6. Pull it out of the oven and top with you preferred toppings. We topped ours with tomato paste, chicken that was pre-cooked in garlic and coconut aminos, cherry tomatoes, a few veggies and grated goats cheese on top.
7. Add it back to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven. To make sure the base doesn't go mushy, you can transfer the pizza onto a wire rack to let it breathe a bit. Garnish with fresh herbs and avocado.
9. Slice and enjoy immediately.