Turmeric Fried Rice
Many of my clients often struggle with creating quick nourishing lunches or dinners towards the end of the week, especially when food starts to become a little scarce. A meal like this isn’t uncommon in my house. I’ve literally used all the leftover bits and bobs I had in my fridge to create this meal before heading to the markets to re-stock up on all my fresh produce again.
Turmeric Fried Rice
Serves 2 hungry people
- 1- 1 ½ cups of leftover turmeric rice (I cook my rice using the absorption method in turmeric, salt, pepper, filtered water with 1 Tbsp of coconut oil - find out how to upgrade your rice with coconut oil HERE).
- ½ - 1 cup leftover roasted grass-fed lamb or beef, sliced into strips
- 1 small bunch asparagus, chopped
- A handful of green beans, topped and tailed then chopped in half
- Coconut aminos to taste
- ½ chilli, diced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Small knob of ginger, grated (optional)
- Garnish with fresh herbs
- 2 avocado roses for garnish (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ghee or grass-fed butter for cooking
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add some ghee or butter to the pan allowing it to melt all over.
- Once the pan has heated, add the diced onions and sauté until golden brown and fragrant.
- Now add the green beans and asparagus and cook for a few minutes. Keep an eye on the pan and mix it through every now and then to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Now add the chopped meat, chilli, shallots, garlic, ginger (if adding it in), salt and pepper and it mix through. Continue stirring all the ingredients every now and then to ensure nothing burns (but you still want everything to get a bit of colour on it).
- Now add the coconut aminos to taste and stir it through.
- Now add the rice and stir through. Leave everything to continue cooking in the pan for a few minutes without touching it. This allows the rice to get a bit of texture and crisp up and go deliciously crunchy.
- Taste and adjust any of the flavour if needed.
- Scoop onto a large serving plate and decorate with the avocado roses, a sprinkle of fresh herbs and some extra chilli if desired.
- Enjoy with someone you love. I served this meal with my Kidney Cleansing Green Juice because 2 veggies in one meal just ain’t enough for this veggie loving gal ;)