Cultured guacamole is the absolute bomb, and it's such a staple in my house. Avocados are incredibly beneficial for our health, they're full of quality fats, are great for the health of your liver, help to balance your potassium - sodium ratios in the body which will deter fluid retention are rich in fibre, B Vitamins and Vitamin E. These guys are little superfood bombs just as they are, but when you take it up a notch and culture them, the benefits increase further. It improves the bioavailability of the nutrients and minerals, creates enzymes and probiotics, aids digestion + so much more.
- 3-4 ripe avocados
- 1 red chilli, diced (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Juice of 1-2 lemons or limes
- 1/4 cup of chopped herbs (I used coriander) + a few sprigs of thyme leaves
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1-2 Tbsp fire tonic (optional) - this gives it an incredible boost of flavour and nutrients
- 1-2 Tbsp brain octane oil (optional)
1. Add all the ingredients (except the brain octane oil) together into a glass jar or bowl and stir to combine. You can also blend this in the food processor until completely smooth.
2. Close the lid and sit the guacamole on the bench for 4-8 hours depending on how cultured you like it.
3. When it's ready, serve up with homemade seedy crackers, my 'Golden Flax Crackers', with veggie sticks or simply dollop it on top of poached eggs or my 'Dill & Zucchini Fritters'. I like to drizzle mine with a bit of the brain octane oil as it helps to curb hunger, deter sugar cravings and sharpens your brain function.
4. Store in the fridge.