Fluffy Keto Pancakes with Wild Blueberry Coconut Yoghurt
These gluten free, keto coconut flour pancakes turned out lighter and fluffier than my original coconut flour pancakes, i found that the trick to getting fluffy pancakes is whipping the egg whites until stiff peaks form and gently folding them through the batter.
Did you know that wild blueberries are one of the most effective heavy metal detoxing foods? They're also one of the most powerful brain foods in existence + a potent prebiotic (prebiotics feed our gut bacteria), and they aid in restoring the liver. Paired with an incredibly probiotic rich coconut yoghurt, you couldn't get a more gut friendly, delicious pancake recipe if you tried!
Makes 5-6 small-medium sized pancakes
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (yes this amount is correct)
- 5 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites (whipped into stiff peaks)
- Optional; stevia or your preferred sweetener to taste)
Wild Blueberry Coconut Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup wild frozen blueberries (just use regular if you don't have access to wild)
- A few drops of liquid stevia (or your preferred sweetener to taste such as honey or pure maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup coconut yoghurt
1. In a food processor or thermomix add the melted coconut oil, coconut flour, coconut cream, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, egg yolks and sweetener if adding it in. Blend until evenly combined.
2. Now fold through the egg whites through the mix gently.
3. Heat up a frying pan and add some coconut oil.
4. When the pan has heated up, add some of the pancake mixture to the pan and spread it out into a medium sized pancake shape. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
5. Repeat this step until all the mix has been used up. It should make 5 medium sized pancakes or 6 small-medium pancakes.
6. Add the blueberries and sweetener to a small saucepan and heat on low until the blueberries begin to blister. Mix through the vanilla.
7. Remove the berries from the heat and spoon them on top of the coconut yoghurt.
8. Serve the wild blueberry coconut yoghurt on top of the pancakes and enjoy.