Low Carb Choc Chip Cookies
To be honest, I wasn't sure these cookies would turn out. I made them up with what little ingredients I could scrounge together. So what I thought could have been a kitchen disaster, actually turned into a cookie success. Yipppeeeee! Now if you scan through the ingredients list you'll see I've added collagen powder, which adds a protein, gut healing and hormonal balancing boost, and is completely optional. If you choose to omit it, simply add a touch more almond meal as needed, until you reach your desired consistency.
Back to the collagen, when it comes to getting a boost of protein and amino acids, I recommend high-quality, grass-fed collagen as it’s a great way to increase your intake of highly digestible, nutrient-dense protein. Collagen and gelatin have the same amino acid profile, but collagen doesn't gel or 'set' like gelatin, so it can be added to smoothies, cakes, pancakes, mixed into juices or added to cookies, like these ones.
COLLAGEN BENEFITS INCLUDE;
It supports skin, nails, teeth and hair health
It supports hormone balance
It supports joint and bone health
It supports digestion and satiety
Aids liver detoxification
2 cups blanched organic almond or hazelnut meal (activated if possible as this helps to get rid of the gut irritants)
3 Tbsp grass-fed ghee or butter
3 Tbsp collagen powder
1/3 - 1/2 cup monk fruit (or a granulated sweetener of your choice)
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
A pinch of salt
1/2 cup homemade dark chocolate, chopped (or use 1/2 a block of dark organic chocolate free of nasty ingredients)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C and line a baking tray.
2. Add all the ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
4. Taste the dough and adjust the sweetness if needed.
5. Begin rolling the mixture into balls and place them onto the lined baking tray.
6. Press the balls as flat as you like, they won't rise much, so if you like them softer and more chewy keep them quite full. However if you like a crunchier cookie, press them quite flat using your hands to mould them.
7. Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven when they’re done. Enjoy warm with a hot cup of Bulletproof coffee, hot chocolate or matcha latte.
I’ve been making your keto chocolate chip cookie recipe for over a year now (easily over 100x already), and they were the key factor of changing my life in terms of health. I’m healthier and more liberated than ever before. It’s hard to imagine how cookies could be life changing, but i’m telling you they did. Your cookies have opened the doors for making daily eating experiences so much more than I could have ever imagined.