Anti-inflammatory Red Curry Paste
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 10 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1-2 tsp lemongrass powder
- 1 knob of fresh turmeric, peeled (or 1/2 Tbsp organic turmeric powder)
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 6-10 red large chili’s (as hot or mild as you like)
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- Handful of ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp salt
1. Add the chili’s and onions to a thermomix or quality food processor and blitz until broken down and combined.
2. Add all other ingredients and blitz again until a smooth paste forms. It should be lump free and incredibly fragrant and rich.
3. Use a spatula and scrape into a glass jar to store. You can also spoon some of the curry paste into ice trays and freeze, when frozen pop out of the molds’ and place in a zip lock bag and grab one out whenever needed.
How to Use This Curry Paste
1. Paste onto whole chicken (chicken wings are really yummy), fish, lamb, beef or turkey and then place in the oven and roast until golden and cooked to your liking.
2. In curry’s, stews or other slow cooked meals.
3. Mix a small amount with olive oil to make into a salad dressing.
4. Add a small amount to raw mince and make into meatballs or rissoles.