I have to be honest, Roy didn't want me to share this recipe with you guys because he wanted to keep it all to ourselves, we debated it for a whole 3 minutes...and I won haha. It's seriously so yum, deliciously chewy (like toffee, but not toffee) and surprisingly refreshing because of the lemon. I've made 2 batches of this (or varying flavours) every week for the past couple of weeks and it's now our go-to snack because I can now make it in less than 3 minutes from start to finish. The painful part is waiting for it to freeze. This is great for those times where you get sick of chocolate (rare I know, but it does happen!) and you can just have it in your freezer ready to munch on at any time.
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (please note this recipe does NOT work with other nuts or seeds, you have to use cashews)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Sweetener to taste (I used stevia)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup collagen powder
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Optional; 1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 3-5 drops of a quality lemon essential oil
1. Add the shredded coconut, collagen, cashews, salt, sweetener and turmeric powder (if adding this in) and blitz the ingredients into a fine meal/ flour in your food processor or thermomix.
2. Now add the lemon zest, lemon juice and coconut oil to the mix and blitz until combined. Don't worry if the mixture is super thick and sticky, that's exactly what you want!
3. Press the sticky mix into a lined loaf tin or container evenly.
4. Place in the freezer until it's set.
5. When it's ready, slice into squares and enjoy.
6. Store in the freezer.