Creamy Coconut & Matcha Panna Cotta
So MATCHA to LOVE because this recipe is gluten, dairy, egg, nut, grain and sugar free + it's gut-friendly and it's also suitable for keto, paleo, low-carb diets
Some FUN FACTS about MATCHA
- 1 cup of matcha tea can have up to 10x the nutritional value of regular green tea
- Matcha is also incredibly high in antioxidants - they have 17x more antioxidants than blueberries!
- It's great for detoxification because it can help the body eliminate heavy metals and other harmful buildups
- This panna cotta recipe is a great one to have as a dessert before bedtime as it contains L-Theanine which creates a calmness within the body
- Matcha is also great for skin health as it reduces inflammation and free radicals that accelerates skin aging
- 1 cup thick coconut cream
- 1- 1 1/4 tsp gelatin
- 2 Tbsp water
- Stevia or your preferred sweetener to taste
- 1- 1 1/2 tsp organic matcha powder
- 1/2 -1 tsp vanilla
- Optional Add Ins; quality food-grade peppermint or basil or lemon or lime essential oil (for something a little different) to taste, 1/2- 1 tsp spirulina powder
1. To a small saucepan, add the gelatin, water and matcha powder together using a spoon to create a paste. Set this aside for a minute or two as it will allow the gelatin to bloom and thicken.
2. Now add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan and heat it on low-medium heat until the gelatin has dissolved, it should only take a minute or two for the gelatin to dissolve completely. Make sure all the ingredients are evenly combined.
3. Taste the mixture and adjust any of the flavours or sweetness to your own tastebuds.
4. Then pour the mixture into a glass jar or mug and place it in the fridge to set.
5. It should take 2.5-3.5 hours for the panna cotta to set.
6. When it's ready, grab a spoon and enjoy every silky smooth mouthful.