Vanilla Matcha Latte
Matcha is green tea, however matcha powder is so much more than just ground-up green tea leaves. Matcha is delicately grown, harvested, and processed resulting in a beautiful subtle green tea flavour. Yes, it does have grassy/ earthy undertones, but a good matcha isn’t overly bitter like green tea. If you’d like to get into drinking green tea for it's health benefits, I highly recommend starting with this matcha latte, it's the ultimate warming treat.
Health Benefits of Matcha
- Brain Power - The L-Theanine in green tea is known to help stimulate alpha brain waves. These waves are known for their ability to help increase focus and concentration.
- Skin Health - may also help support skin health by reducing inflammation and free radicals that accelerate skin aging.
- Detoxification - may help the body eliminate heavy metals and other harmful buildup.
- Weight Loss - EGCG, found in high concentrations in Matcha, has been shown to increase the rate of burning stored fat as energy, as well as decreasing the formation of new fat cells.
- Antioxidant Rich - matcha green tea contains over 60x the antioxidants of spinach and 7x the antioxidants of high quality dark chocolate.
- Calming - the L-Theanine is known to create calmness without drowsiness.
- 1-2 Tbsp gelatin mixed into 2-3 Tbsp filtered water (set aside to bloom/ thicken)
- 1-2 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 Tbsp Brain Octane Oil or coconut oil
- Sweetener to taste
- 350ml boiling filtered water
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1x vanilla bean
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream (optional although it makes it creamier)
1. Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan and melt on a low-medium heat until the gelatin has dissolved.
2. Pour the mixture into a high speed blender and blitz for 30 seconds, or until creamy and frothy.
3. Pour into a mug and enjoy.