Anti-inflammatory Red Curry Paste
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 10 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1-2 tsp lemongrass powder
- 1 knob of fresh turmeric, peeled (or 1/2 Tbsp organic turmeric powder)
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 6-10 red large chili’s (as hot or mild as you like)
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- Handful of ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp salt
1. Add the chili’s and onions to a thermomix or quality food processor and blitz until broken down and combined.
2. Add all other ingredients and blitz again until a smooth paste forms. It should be lump free and incredibly fragrant and rich.
3. Use a spatula and scrape into a glass jar to store. You can also spoon some of the curry paste into ice trays and freeze, when frozen pop out of the molds’ and place in a zip lock bag and grab one out whenever needed.
How to Use This Curry Paste
- Paste onto whole chicken (chicken wings are really yummy), fish, lamb, beef or turkey and then place in the oven and roast until golden and cooked to your liking.
- In curry’s, stews or other slow cooked meals.
- Mix a small amount with olive oil to make into a salad dressing.
- Add a small amount to raw mince and make into meatballs or rissoles.