Cauliflower puree is one of my staple recipes. I make this recipe nearly every single week. Not only is it a really yummy and easy way to sneak more veggies into your diet, it's a great alternative for those people (who like me) don't do that well on potatoes. You can serve this recipe as a side, make it into a soup by adding in other veggies, spice or herbs + extra bone broth, stir it through curries and loads more.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Filtered water
- 1/4 block of grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 Tbsp Meadow & Marrow Bone Broth concentrate
- Optional Extras; turmeric, chilli, smoked paprika, dill, tyme, rosemary, oregano
1. Roughly chop the cauliflower into florets.
2. Add all the ingredients into a steamer in a large sauce pan along with filtered water. Steam the cauliflower until the cauliflower is soft and cooked through.
3. Add the steamed cauliflower and the rest of the ingredients into a high quality blender or thermomix and blitz until completely smooth and creamy.
4. Taste the puree and adjust the salt if needed.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Suggested Serving: with my Hidden Liver Meatballs