Choc Cashew Protein Bites (Keto)
These nutrient-dense bites feature a concentrated protein from grass-fed collagen as well as healthy fats from the coconut/ brain octane oil. To up the sweetness factor, you can dip the chilled bars into melted dark chocolate if desired. **Warning** these little bites are very addictive. I have made them 5x in the past 2 weeks and each batch hasn't lasted more than 2 days.
When it comes to getting a boost of protein and amino acids, I recommend high-quality, grass-fed collagen. I use and recommend Bulletproof's Upgraded Collagen – it’s a great way to increase your intake of highly digestible, nutrient-dense protein. (This is not a sponsored post, although I do love the Bulletproof company and most of their products). Collagen and gelatin have the same amino acid profile, but collagen doesn't gel or 'set' like gelatin, so it can be added to smoothies, cakes, pancakes, slices, bliss balls, muffins or mixed into juices.
Collagen Benefits Include;
- It supports skin, nails, teeth and hair health
- It supports hormone balance
- It supports joint and bone health
- It supports digestion and satiety
- Boosts mood
- Aids sleep
- Aids liver detoxification
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1/3 cup collagen powder
- 1 Tbsp brain octane oil + 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or use 2 Tbsp coconut oil)
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 cup cashews
- Liquid stevia or lakanto to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1-2 tsp ginger powder (optional) or more to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a good quality food processor or thermomix and blitz together until well blended and the mixture begins to come together (don't worry if it's a little crumbly).
2. Line a small container with baking paper and press the mixture into the container evenly.
3. Place in the freezer until set.
4. Slice into squares or triangles and store in the freezer.
I also have a Vanilla Cookie Dough Keto Bites too which is equally as delicious!