Coconut & Collagen Turmeric Bread
It’s hard to find a bread recipe that has minimal ingredients, is free from nuts like almonds, is low in carbs and is a super simple recipe. Well, look no further, because whipping up a batch of this bread will take you less than 3 minutes. All you have to do is whack all the ingredients into your food processor and blend. Then scoop the mixture out into your pre-prepared bread loaf tin and bake. See how quick and easy it is! This bread is best toasted/ fried in butter or ghee until golden brown and crispy, topped with avocado and sprinkled with a touch of salt and garlic powder.
Makes 1 small loaf or 6 slices
- 1 cup coconut flour, sifted
- ¼ cup psyllium husk
- 1/4 cup collagen powder
- 1/2 cup golden flax meal (I get mine from iHerb here)
- 6 large eggs or 7 small-medium sized eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ghee or butter, melted
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a small bread loaf tin.
2. Combine all the ingredients together in a food processor until evenly combined. The mixture will be quite thick as the coconut flour and psyllium husk will absorb all the liquid. Don’t add more liquid, it will still bake well.
3. Scoop the mixture into the pre-lined tin and spread it out evenly. Use your hands to mould it or pat it down and smooth it out a bit more.
4. Place it in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
6. When it's ready, I like to slice the loaf into 3 parts and then in half again. This will make 6 larger slices of bread. I then toast it in the frying pan with some ghee or butter and when it's golden and crispy top it with my favourite things (usually avocado, salt and pepper!).