Cultured Garlic, Lemon & Dill Cashew Cheese
- 2 cups organic cashews
- Just enough coconut yoghurt to cover the cashews
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh dill leaves
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 lemon's juiced (to taste)
- 1/2 - 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp cold-pressed olive
1. Soak the cashews (covered in a clean glass jar) in the coconut yoghurt for 24 hours.
2. Strain the liquid away, but set it aside (you will need it).
3. Add all ingredients, but only 1/2 cup of leftover cashew liquid to a high speed blender, food processor or thermomix and blend until smooth, creamy and lump free. You may have to scrape down the sides and re-blend until you reach your desired consistency. If you prefer the mixture less thick, (more of a dip) just add a touch more of the coconut yoghurt or filtered water and blend until desired.
4. Taste the mixture and adjust if needed.
5. Scoop/ pour into a clean glass jar and store in the fridge.