Low Carb Zucchini & Cauliflower Fritters
I LOVE these fritters! They are so easy to whip up, incredibly versatile, super tasty and such an easy way to sneak more veggies into your's and your children or partner's diet. They contain 12g of carbs and 9g of fibre per veggie fritter too making them a great gluten free, low carb breaky or lunch option.
1 large zucchini, grated (squeeze out the excess water using your hands)
1/4 cauliflower grated (you should have roughly 3 cups of cauliflower and zucchini combined)
3 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp psyllium husk
2 garlic cloves, crushed or 1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tsp mixed dried herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil)
Coconut oil and ghee for cooking
1. Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat with 2 Tbsp coconut oil/ ghee mix and allow it to melt all over.
4. Use your hands to shape the mixture into fritters and place them onto the hot frying pan. You should be able to fit 3-4 fritters onto the frying pan. Cook both sides of the fritters until golden brown.
5. Remove the fritters from the frying pan and place them onto the baking tray. Pop the tray into the oven while you finish cooking the remaining fritters.
6. Continue cooking the fritters and add more coconut oil/ ghee to the pan as needed. When they’re all cooked add them to the oven while you prepare your chosen toppings.
5. Remove from the oven and top with your chosen garnishes. I used a homemade Probiotic Beetroot Cashew Cheese (recipe coming soon), chopped spring onion and chilli. Fresh avocado or guacamole, poached eggs, roasted tomatoes or homemade sweet chilli sauce or tomato sauce also work really well.