Magical Frozen Fudgesicles
These are so lusciously creamy, sinfully rich tasting and oh so decedent. The kind of thing you pop into your mouth and can’t really believe what’s happening! These beauties are also down right filling because they are loaded with gorgeous nutrient dense, whole foods. They make a fabulous mid-morning or afternoon pick me up, especially with the cacao component that can give an energy boost as they can act as a stimulant for some people. If you do react to cacao, you can use organic carob or cocoa powder as a replacement.
A high quality speed blender or thermomix is best for this recipe, but if you don’t have one just blend until the mixture is extra smooth and creamy. You can add in a little more water to mixture to achieve this, however the end results in a more crystalline texture. No matter what though, they will taste amazing!
The frozen fudgesicle recipe below is un-reasonably delicious, but it can also act as a base for the flavours you love. You can omit the chocolate and add in berries, mango, banana, avocado, figs or stone fruit. Dress them up with your favourite add in ingredients, or keep it simple and enjoy them as they are. You can also dip or drizzle melted chocolate on top, sprinkle shredded coconut, orange zest, dried fruits, berries, hemp seeds, chopped toasted nuts or seeds, bee pollen, edible flowers and more!
I know all of you super enthusiastic foodies out there will come up with some stellar combos!
Magical Frozen Fudgesicles
- 1/2 - 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or 2 tsp essence
- 270ml coconut cream (I used the AYAM brand)
- 1 Tbsp cacao butter
- 2 organic egg yolks (omit if you can't tolerate eggs)
- 2 Tbsp collagen powder
- Sweetener to taste (I used a few drops of liquid stevia, you could also try lakanto, raw honey or pure maple syrup)
- Optional; add adaptogenic herbs, cinnamon, orange essential oil and/ or coconut or nut butter
1. In a small saucepan add the coconut oil, cacao butter, chocolate powder, salt, coconut cream and vanilla and heat on low.
2. Once the mix has melted and combined together, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool until room temperature.
3. When it has cooled, add the choccy mix, collagen egg yolks and sweetener to taste to a high powered blender or thermomix and blitz to combine until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour into ice-block moulds and place in the freezer until set.
5. When you're ready to eat them, run the moulds under warm water until the ice-blocks come away easily from the moulds.
6. Enjoy them as they are or drizzle melted homemade or quality dark chocolate over the top and sprinkle with edible flowers and organic berries like I did.
7. Enjoy immediately!