Sugar Free Strawberry Nice Cream with Choc Chips & Rose
This recipe is an upgraded version of my Strawberry Gelato. I've add an adaptogenic herb called 'Ashwagandha' to this recipe. They’re called adaptogens because of their unique ability to adapt their function according to your body’s specific needs. Adaptogenic herbs can be used to improve and help strengthen the body’s response to stress, enhance its ability to cope with anxiety and fight fatigue in a slow and gentle way without jolts or crashes. Some of the other health benefits include;
acts as a tonic that boosts energy
it can lower blood sugar levels
acts as a potent antioxidant to boost the immune system
improves sperm quality in men
improve muscle mass
boost brain function and improve concentration and memory
help reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression
Though the effects of consuming adaptogenic herbs may initially be subtle and take time to make themselves felt, they’re real and absolutely undeniable. Ashwagandha is generally considered well-tolerated in small to medium doses and you can add small amounts into bliss balls, smoothies, slices or your morning bulletproof coffee. However if you're pregnant, breastfeeding or have an autoimmune disease you're best to contact your chosen health care practitioner for advice before consuming it.
2 fermented bananas, chopped and frozen
1 cup fermented strawberries, frozen (use the same method to ferment the strawberries as the above banana recipe)
1 tsp ashwagandha powder
1 tsp vanilla
Sweetener of your choice to taste (optional)
1-2 big Tbsp of coconut yoghurt
Edible, organic rose petals
Chopped dark chocolate or cacao nibs
A sprinkle of cinnamon
Fresh, fermented or frozen berries
1. Allow the cultured, chopped and frozen bananas and strawberries to a high quality, high powered food processor, thermomix or blender and blitz until it starts to break down.
2. Now add the remaining ingredients and blend again until it's combined and smooth.
3. If its not coming together nicely, add in another Tbsp of coconut yoghurt and re-blend. Scrape down the sides and re-blend one last time and make sure its super smooth and creamy.
4. Taste and adjust any of the flavours/ sweetness if needed.
5. Now you can garnish. I topped mine with cacao nibs and organic, edible rose petals. However you can top with cinnamon, nut butter, shredded coconut, fresh berries, chopped chocolate etc. Serve and enjoy straight away.