These are such a quick and easy gut lovin' snack to whip up and they use only 5 ingredients!
5 Tbsp gelatin powder mixed into 1 cup filtered water to 'bloom'
1.5 - 2 cups of filtered water
2 cups organic berries (I used mixed blueberries, strawberries, raspberries & mulberries)
Juice of 1/2 - 1 lemon
1-2 Tbsp raw honey or liquid stevia to taste
1. Mix the gelatin and water together in a small bowl and set it aside to bloom and thicken for 1 minute (or until it has absorbed the water).
2. When the gelatin has bloomed add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat on low and allow the gelatin to dissolve completely and the berries to soften and leach colour.
Note: If you like your gummies harder then use 1.5 cups of water, however if you're like me and like them a little softer then use 2 cups of water.
3. Taste the mixture and adjust if needed. Add a little more sweetener or lemon juice if your taste buds desire and stir through.
Optional Step: Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and use a spoon to push the berry juice through. The sieve will remove the berry seeds and skin.
4. Now pour the jelly liquid into a glass container and allow the mixture to cool to down a bit, then place in the fridge to set.
5. When it's ready, slice into squares or rectangles and enjoy!
6. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Please note I have deliberately made these gummies a little on the harder side so you can pack them into lunch boxes, take them on road trips etc because once they're out of the fridge and at room temperature they have the best/ yummiest texture. If you make them too soft, they will be a puddle of gummies rather than the perfect consistency, chewy berry gummy.