Golden Gut Lovin' Chu Chu's
If you've been following me for a while you may have already seen my Lime & Matcha Chu Chu's recipe as well as my Lemon Chu Chu's and know that i'm kind of obsessed with them because they contain so much gut loving goodness in them! I love the chewy texture and they're also surprisingly refreshing because of the added citrus. In this newest version, I've added in both turmeric and ginger because of their anti-inflammatory properties + the turmeric makes these Chu Chu's the colour of sunshine. I personally love adding in ginger because it helps to boost the immune system, relieve nausea, supports digestion, relieves headaches, is anti-fungal and it can help break down the accumulation of toxins in your organs and cleanse the lymphatic system. Pretty amazing right?!?!
This is perfect snack because its full of healthy fats and beautiful citrus notes, AND it only takes 3 minutes for me to make them (maybe a little more if you roll them into balls like I did). The hard part is waiting for it to freeze so you can slice it and devour it!
- 1 1/2 cups collagen powder
- 1 1/4 cup of cashews (please note this recipe does NOT work with other nuts or seeds, you have to use cashews)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 10 brazil nuts
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Sweetener to taste (I used stevia)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice + the zest of 2-3 lemons
- 6-8 drops of lemon or lime essential oil
- 1-2 tsp ginger powder (optional)
1. Add the collagen, cashews, coconut, brazil nuts, turmeric, ginnger powder and sweetener (only if its a powder) and blitz together in a food processor or thermomix until it resembles a fine powder.
2. Now add the remaining ingredients and blitz again.
3. Taste the mixture and add more sweetener, ginger or lemon essential oil if needed. If the mixture is too wet, add a touch more collagen powder and/ or shredded coconut and re-blend.
4. When it's ready and nice and sticky, pour/ scoop the mixture into a lined container.
5. Place it into the freezer until set.
6. Slice into squares and enjoy. Or you can roll the squares into balls using your hands like I did.
7. Store this in the freezer as it melts super quickly!