Kidney Cleansing Green Juice
This green juice has been a life saver to my kidneys. I've been making variations of this juice for the past 3+ years because it's sooo bloody beneficial and I personally feel the benefits so quickly after drinking it. The 4 main ingredients to my kidney cleansing juice that never change are;
I used to think celery was a bland and boring food. But did you know that it's one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory foods out there? One of the best things about celery is that it starves unproductive bacteria, mould, yeast, viruses and fungus that are in the body, and flushes all of their toxins out of the liver and intestinal tract!!!! It’s fantastic for aiding in cleansing and healing the gut wall, improves kidney function, great for a sluggish liver and alkalises the gut.
Is so refreshing and incredibly rehydrating. They contain electrolytes which nourish the kidneys, especially when they're over burdened with trying to filter out toxins from the body.
Lemons or Limes
I honestly don't think I could survive without my citrusy friends! These guys are amazing cleansers of the kidneys, liver, spleen, thyroid and gall bladder. They help to purge many toxic substances from the body.
I love parsley because it's a pathogen fighter, it keeps bacteria, fungus and parasites at bay. It's a beautiful herb which helps to replenish and restore your energy when you're feeling exhausted. It also aids in pulling out herbicides and pesticides that may be hiding in the body. It's loaded with nutrition, it contains; Vitamins A, C, K, B, iron, zinc, selenium, magnesium, iodine, calcium and more.
So those are the 4 main staple ingredients for my Kidney Cleansing Green Juice. However, when I want to increase the benefits of it even further I'll often play around with it by adding in turmeric and/ or ginger root, fresh basil and mint leaves + coconut water kefir to add in some zingy probiotic goodness in. Read my blog 'Why I Consume Coconut Water Kefir Daily' to find out why I'll sneak this into as many foods/ drinks as I possibly can.
Kidney Cleansing Green Juice
Makes roughly 2L
1 large bunch celery
1/2 - 1 bunch parsley
2-3 lemons or limes
A knob of ginger (optional)
If fermenting the juice - 1 cup of coconut water kefir
Other Optional Add Ins; a knob of turmeric root, 1/2 - 1 bunch of basil leaves and/ or 1/2 - 1 bunch mint leaves
1. Wash the celery, cucumbers and herbs in filtered water.
2. Chop all the veggies and herbs and remove the skins from the lemons or limes. Place everything into a large bowl.
3. Put all the ingredients through your juicer and collect the juice.
4. Drink the green juice fresh with a few ice cubes.
If you want a probiotic version, try fermenting it with the following method;
1. Add the freshly pressed green juice to a large glass jar and top it up with the coconut water kefir.
2. Close the lid and leave it on the bench top to ferment for 4-6 hours. This will increase the nutritional value, preserve the nutrients within the juice for longer and reduce the sugar content.
3. Once it’s ready, place it in the fridge to chill.
4. Drink and enjoy.
You can read more information on how to improve your gut health through fermented foods HERE.