Lime & Matcha Chu Chu's
My Lemon Chu Chu's were such a hit I decided to make other 'chu chu' flavours because it's seriously so yum, so deliciously chewy (like toffee, but not toffee) and surprisingly refreshing because of the citrus. This is perfect snack because its full of healthy fats and beautiful citrus notes, AND it only takes 3 minutes to make. The hard part is waiting for it to freeze so you can slice it and devour it!
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (please note this recipe does NOT work with other nuts or seeds, you have to use cashews)
- 1 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Sweetener to taste (I used green leaf stevia)
- A pinch of salt
- 1-1.5 tsp matcha powder
- 1 cup collagen powder
- Zest of 2-3 limes
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3-6 drops of a quality lime essential oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Optional; 1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla
1. Add the shredded coconut, collagen, cashews, matcha, salt and sweetener into a food processor or thermomix and blitz the ingredients into a fine meal/ flour.
2. Now add the lime zest and juice, vanilla and coconut oil to the mix and blitz until combined. Don't worry if the mixture is super thick and sticky, that's exactly what you want!
3. Press the sticky mix into a lined loaf tin or container evenly.
4. Place in the freezer until it's set.
5. When it's ready, slice into squares and enjoy.
6. Store in the freezer.