Probiotic Mango Sorbet
I've created the most delicious and mouth watering, gut-friendly SUGAR-FREE sorbet using only 2 ingredients.
How? Well, when you ferment mango with a probiotic starter culture like coconut water kefir, the beneficial bacteria in the kefir eats away all the sugar in it, this makes it incredibly easy on the digestive system. As an extra bonus, the fermentation process further fuels the health of the gut, fights chronic inflammation, boosts the immune system, helps to control bad bacteria in the body and makes the nutrients more bio-available to your body. It’s winning all round! If you want to learn more about fermenting fruits, read my blog An In Depth Look at How to Ferment Fruit & Why. This probiotic mango sorbet is tangy, fizzy on the tongue, plus it smells incredible, and when it's frozen into ice-blocks or eaten straight from the bowl, it's oh so creamy and divine!
2 INgredient Probiotic Mango Sorbet
4 ripe mangoes, chopped (flesh only)
Optional Add Ins; lemon or lime juice to taste, 1 Tbsp of this Restore for Gut Health Mineral Supplement from iHerb (it's a great gut health/ healing supplement), 1-2 Tbsp turmeric or ginger juice, liquid stevia to taste or your preferred sweetener
1. Add the chopped mango to a clean glass jar. Add just enough coconut water kefir to cover the mangoes. Close the lid and place it on your kitchen bench top or a shelf in your pantry. Allow this to ferment/ culture for 24 hours.
2. When the mango has cultured and is ready, add the entire contents of the jar + optional add ins + your sweetener to taste to a blender and blitz for 30 seconds, or until combined.
3. Pour the mixture into a lined container or square baking tray and place it into the freezer until completely frozen.
4. When it's ready, slice the frozen mango slab (carefully) using a sharp knife into rough squares and place them into a food processor or thermomix and blitz until smooth and it resembles a sorbet. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl and re-blend.
5. Scoop into bowls and savour every mouthful of this delicious, tangy, probiotic packed sorbet!
If you prefer ice-blocks, you can make these Cultured Mango Sorbet Ice-Blocks instead!